I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Oct 5, 2008-Journal Entry to my Son

Oct 5, 2008

Kendyl, 

Son, you are my sweet boy. You saw mommy crying and ran to the kitchen to get a tissue and said "you all better now" and gave me a kiss. 

Your sister has been dealing with some mental health issues and you have been so patient and kind as we learn how to parent her. 

You still have no interest in being potty trained but oh well we will get there buddy. 

Love,
Mommy

















My son's smile was a shining light in a dark cave, his soft voice and sweet kisses could transcend me out of a gloomy fog!

I will never forget him and I  hiding under the bed because Skyler was having an episode and we were both scared.  I wanted to distract him so he did not have to hear her screaming, so we hid under the bed and as I held him tight rocking side to side singing Amazing Grace I could feel his heart beat slow down.

Praise God the time has past that we have to hide under the bed.  Kendyl loves his sister so much that when he is older and can comprehend what role he needs to play in her life to be a BIG LITTLE BROTHER I will tell him all about it but for now I will enjoy the contagiuos giggles between the two.

Each day holds a new journey of sibling rivarly that we have to embrace with laughter and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment