I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Heart of a Lion





 Embarking on the next step of childhood, my son is about to be double digits. The gripping feeling that I haven't told him enough how much I love him, taught him enough about how to be brave, how to fight for what is true and right, how to really love yourself and others well or how to get up even when it hurts is hard to face but needs to be spoken out loud. The wide open space he wants to leap into with boldness but not quite ready to handle the possible strain drops me to my knees in prayer. 

Praying that the child who was described as, having a heart of a lion, will keep his roar fierce but humble, loud but gentle and ferocious only when needed. 

Praying that his funny, sensitive and genuinely thoughtful nature will continue to grow and not be smothered
by the heavy breath of defeat from life disappointments.  

Praying he sees and honors us as his parents until the day we take our last inhale. 

Praying that his talent is used for good, to shine light on the gift giver and not himself.

Praying for peace of mind when the effort doesn't yield the results. 

Praying he continues loving his sister when she seems unlovable at times and that he will continue to say " I forgive you" no matter how many times she ask.



With all the love a mother can hold bundled up in her chest, I speak so he can hear me say,  "Happy Birthday Son, I love you from the depth of my being into the core of your soul, I give to you all that I am. I cherish the past 9 years you have taught me to give unconditionally with no regrets, to love past the hurt, pain and fear, to sacrifice so you can move beyond me".  



 Like Timothy, may my son be an example to believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1Timothy 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment