I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

A tribute to my Lucy


This moment is inevitable when you say YES to adopting a dog BUT it does not change the loss you feel when they are gone. 

This day will always be so vivid in my mind as we drove at light speed to Bastrop from Dallas to save Freddie, your son, a Doberman from a back yard breeder. Well..... we thought the journey was to save Freddie but God had a better plan and the trip saved Lucy, then Lucy saved me.


This really is not just a blog post about a DOG, its about the journey of love that we all have the option to take. Giving life to someone or something that otherwise may not have that option. Recusing has a mutual return!



Lucy was a momma that survived horrific conditions, then found new life with us in return for her strength and gentle spirit. She became an extension of me from the moment I saw her in my rear view mirror.  

The fight in her is my hope for all of us. Quiet, selfless, patient friend you will be so so missed.  

 


You loved every little creature we brought home to meet you, watching over kittens, chickens and lizards as if they were own. Sharing your space, your food and water bowl. 



Leading new puppies to obedience and finding life in old dogs as you were steadfast and held your head up high. Not to mention the large amount of compose you consumed on a regular basis or the massive messes you left us in the living room to clean up. 


Your legacy of AWESOME DOG status will live on, even though you never gave a single lick to anyone, you showed love by butting into us. You laid by our side through surgeries, sickness, and long naps. Nothing was more valuable to you then being close to us, what a lesson in priorities you have taught me. 


If you had the option to walk in the grass or 
splash through mud and water you went all in! No stopping you from the dirt and pure earth stuck all in your paws. You would keep going even when your legs said stop, A WARRIOR! 


  
Thank you for giving me so much time, thank you Lucy, my side kick, my tough tough girl, thank you for teaching me not to worry about stinky palms, hair all over my clothes and how clean my car was. Thank you for loving me during so many moments I felt unlovable. 

God Speed My Love....

RESCUE RESCUE RESCUE RESCUE RESCUE RESCUE -SAVE A LIFE AND YOU MAY JUST SAVE YOURSELF IN THE PROCESS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment