I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dec 11, 2008-Journal Entry to my son

 Dec 11, 2008

Well little man, mommy gave you quite a shock today. I have always had really long hair but I decided to donate all my hair to Lock of Love. A company that makes wigs for kids.  I want to give what has been so freely given to me and the chance to help someone like you my sweet son. 

When I came home after my haircut you were NOT happy. You kept saying "Mommy put it back on, please put it back on".  It has taken two days for you to realize that I can not put it back on. You have had a rough time looking right at me little buddy! I know you will adjust and I want you to know hair or no hair I love you more and more every day!

Love,
Mommy 










I hope to teach my kids "that comfort obtained by one can often prove serviceable to another". (Spurgeon)

God has taught me more about conviction and forgiveness in the things he has allowed to be taken away from me in my life then with the things I have been given. Like the song amazing grace "I was lost but now I am found". 
I found myself only after, like the hair cut off and only strands left, my life dramatically altered and redefined by Grace!


No comments:

Post a Comment