I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Monday, September 19, 2011

"Don't look back while running"



"Son, don't look back while running that is why you keep falling". 

The past couple of months my son has been enjoying the freedom of a good sprint but will start looking back and fall.  I give into fear as I watch him and my heart starts to pound and the anxiety sets in. Fear freezes me and I think of all the painful lessons I have had to learn from looking back.

So many memories when God seemed absent but when the scraped knee healed, the heart stopped bleeding and the dreams that were shattered were replaced with God molding me into the women I am today, I realized in my darkest moments God was working the hardest for me.  

My son will keep falling but I pray when he does look back he will see God revealing his perfect plan for him!

I can feel my heart chambers slowing down and the air begins to flow in and out again.  I am blessed with a morning of quietness to start my sprint forward without looking back into the darkness of regret. 

What if looking back continues to burn?  I feel like a tree swaying back and forth from the heavy winds of life. Feelings can lie but trusting and moving forward in God's provision out of obedience never fails.


No comments:

Post a Comment