I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Teaching Gratitude

If character is caught not taught how am I doing on teaching my kids gratitude?

The rocks sit on my counter with the words that we said out loud of all the things we were thankful for... BUT does that teach true, genuine gratitude for life, things, people, time, movement, air, wind, sky and sea? Does saying it, writing it or talking about it change the heart?


If it was a recipe, what would the exact ingredients be to make gratitude happen in me, in my family?

1 Cup Unconditional Love (even when they scream I hate you)
1/2 Cup of Awareness of the needs around you 
2 Cups of Thoughtfulness and Gentleness
1 1/2 Cup of Forgiveness and Patience
2 Tbsp of Resilience 
1/2 Tsp authority and authenticity
A dash of Consistency 
Bake on HIGH - FOREVER

If only it was this easy to add a couple things in a bowl and MIX.
 I would roll my eyes when my mom would say "Change attitude for Gratitude"
but now it is a motto that stays with me daily.  May I continue on being radical about grace and relentless about truth to stage a background of graciousness for the upcoming adults that are following my lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment