I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The lessons I learned about .......Letting go ( Lesson 1)

Have you noticed a new babies fist, they stay clenched tight. When they start to open, it is then and only then can they welcome touch. They start reaching, holding onto things and feeling their environment. They learn and grow because of the feedback from touch.

It occurred to me that I have spent most of my life with clenched fist. Holding inside tight hands was anger, bitterness and discontentment. It is easier to guard yourself against pain and hurt when your hands do not open to feel and touch.

That heavy beat of failure, a pounding bass of disappointment that has marked my days and nights. The existence that can cause so much damage to the spirit with hurtful words, abuse and broken promises can also bring maturity, joy and fulfillment but you have to open the hands to receive first.

Giving Thanks as Ann Voskamp says "awakens me to God giving Himself to me-for me-a surrender of Love." The discipline of giving thanks helps the fist open.

No comments:

Post a Comment