I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Thursday, March 3, 2011

December 26, 1993-My Personal Diary Notes

I had the best Christmas, I can not begin to explain how magnificent my family has been. They drove into Florida Christmas Eve and  
I have done nothing but laugh, talk and cry happy tears. Christmas Day was absolutely incredible, like sunshine after days of cold rain. I had breakfast at Denny's       (this made me sick reading this today who eats at Denny's anymore GROSS!),
Then met at grandmas, opened presents, played two board games, roller bladed, ate dinner then my Uncle and his family came down.
We all told stories and laughed more. It was a day I will never forget!  With my family here I can feel the bond between all of us grow. My sister stayed the night with me tonight and we had a long talk about growing up, sex, boys, love and being loved. I appreciate her so much and hope I can make a difference in her life. My family is the best!


My Patient Parents

My Mom, my angel, my friend, my protector, my teacher!




The thought of giving my younger sister advice is very scary. I had no business giving advice when my insides were falling apart, filled with resentment, suicidal thoughts and hopelessness.
I have to say that the family support I have had all my life, is one of the main reasons I am here today. I tried so hard to run far away from all I knew to be right and good. I was so determined to be different yet normal, fearless yet crippled with anxiety.  
The reminder of my past makes it hard to find comfort in my ability to raise kids but also makes me realize that my worldly insight may help them find a path with less pain.  

Anyone who harbors grudges, bitter feelings toward another, will be turned over to torturous thoughts, feelings of misery, and agonizing unrest within.

No comments:

Post a Comment