I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Friday, March 18, 2011

July 2008-Journal Entry

When the affliction ends I hope to be to become a person of greater stability, of deeper quality, of stronger character.
Chuck Swindoll




 Skyler, 


I feel like I have failed you as a mother. You have been throwing these raging, kicking, spitting fits several times a day. Very Scary! It is breaking my heart to watch you get so upset. People say it is a stage, I pray God calms my spirit as we survive this STAGE together. 


I took you ice skating tonight.  We had the best time-you did really well and once you started getting confident you would say " I don't need you". I am sure this is not the only time those words will come out of your mouth. 


So independent... my  amazing daughter,


Love,
Mom





My daughter was not in a Stage she was unable to communicate and her fits progressed out of control until our family was torn apart. She would have 2-5 fits a day sometimes lasting hours. She was verbally and physically aggressive. Life became so unmanageable I uttered these words to the doctor, " I can not care for this child". 


I have learned that a broken and contrite heart is not the end, but the beginning. Bruised and crushed by the blows of disappointment and unrealized dreams, I have discovered that God has never left my side.

1 comment:

  1. 2 Corinthians 4:7-9 " But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." This is one of the passages that has helped me survive the last 2-3 years.

    ReplyDelete