I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Sunday, February 13, 2011

June 3, 2007-Journal Entry

Sky,

Life in our house has been a little stressful. Mommy and Daddy have not figured out how to handle you growing up. You have your own opinion and have been expressing yourself quite freely. A learning lesson for both of us for sure!

Today I let you help me make breakfast and you spilled a little oatmeal and you said "ooh a holy mess", sooo cute. (I must say that sometimes).  I love you very much baby girl, even when you will not listen to mommy and I get upset I want you to know I still love you.

Mommy








This was the continuation of Patrick and I telling ourselves this must be the terrible two's, this is normal and all kids act like this. During conversations with other parents they would always comment " I know my kid does that too". So we just thought as parents we needed to be more consistent and discipline differently.

I began to explore ways to help the daily grind be more manageable and how I could as a women cope with my own depression, work, marriage, a son that is struggling to digest his food and now we are preparing for his first surgery on his eyes to correct Strabismus and ears. The weekly doctor appointments to allergist, pediatrician and opthamologist were so overwhelming there were times I stated to think Skyler was acting out because Kendyl was getting so much attention.

I started to think more and more about what my parents tried so hard to teach me, It does not matter your circumstances it matters how you handle it.  How was I handling it? My coping skills became destructive patterns instead of constructive and if I was going to make it, I needed that to change quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment