I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Thursday, February 10, 2011

May 16, 2006-Journal Entry

My Sweet Sky,

You have been an angel! The last couple of weeks mommy has been struggling with so much sadness and your brother Kendyl has been very sick. You have been my joy, your laugh, your sweet kisses your hugs and smile has helped me get through some rough times. I love you
Mommy



This letter reminded me of the deep post partum depression that paralyzed me when my son was so sick.  He would not sleep or breast feed due to sever allergies.  I was in the blackest pit of depression and sleep deprivation plagued me for over 8 month until I prayed God would take my life. The constant crying and the very rigid diet my son, Kendyl, had to be on plus the loss of being able to breast feed was more than I thought I could bare! I was reminded daily by Skyler's presence of the responsibility I had as a mother to pull up my boot straps.  If I would of known the struggles she would eventually be faced with I would of enjoyed the laughter more.


My son, Kendyl, had to sleep on this wedge every night. We had to strap him in
so he could sleep due to his digestion issues


No comments:

Post a Comment