I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

May 7, 2007-Journal Entry

Skyler,

Today we celebrated mommy's birthday. My mommy had me 36 years ago and I was her precious little girl, now I have a little girl of my own.

Even though we are having some rough times right now trying to manage your tantrums and attitude-what a JOY you are. You are starting to talk in complete sentences. You copy everything I do...very cute!

You continue to struggle with your little brother but we are praying the God will change your heart toward him. We all love you sooo much.

Mommy


This was the last photo shoot you ever did
because the clothes started to itch you and you would get agitated at 
the photographers.
Neiman Marcus Catalog 2007
 


























The constant stress and tantrums for no apparent reason and the sensory sensitivity made me start asking the pediatrician questions, and requesting some assistance on how to manage my baby girl. I pulled out some of my old therapy books, reading about ways to help her calm down. Why, what, how, HELP!!!!!  We struggled with who to listen to and what is the BEST thing to do.

Finally her doctor told us to confine her to her room when she became unmanageable by putting a lock on the outside of her door. We did as he said BUT this only enraged her further. I would sit outside her door and cry. Hearing her hurting inside alone was breaking my heart. I kept thinking this can not be the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment