I am Skyler

I am Skyler
My Sweet Girl

Monday, February 28, 2011

A Personal Look

I have spent my entire life NOT listening to other people and NOT asking for help, BUT it only affected me most of the time. When it comes to my decisions affecting my kids I had to stop, listen and admit I needed help. 

I was what you would call a "rebel without a cause".  I put my parents through many sleeplessness nights. Fighting in high school, drinking in college and running the streets of Daytona Beach kept me pretty busy for the first part of my life. Nothing I am proud of that is for sure.

1995
Surviving physical, mental and sexual abuse in my lifetime there is not much anyone can say to me that would be shocking. I spent three years being a foster parent living with kids that had experienced more chaos and sadness then most of us could ever understand. These experiences change people they grow up, they grow angry or they give up.  The stories I hope to share will include growing up, getting angry and giving up.



It is time to open up the journal that I keep my Letters to God in. Not the ones I write as a mother to her daughter that smoother the real issues and protect her from the whole truth.  No! I will have to get a little more personal if I want to keep the bragging rights of being a REAL person, a person that does not fear truth. These next couple journal entries will be from my diary. 
........................................................................................................

Please Read without judging, cry without feeling sorry and laugh without embarrassment!

1 comment:

  1. Love it when you go DEEP - can't wait to read what you have to say. You are so brave to be so transparent - and your courage and faith will inspire so many of us! Proud to know you. :) (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete